Ingenico Drives Business Efficiency for Europcar
- To deliver immediate access to customer rental information from over 3,000 rental agencies across Europe
- To create paper-free solution, capable of capturing detailed customer information for rental contracts - validated with a digital signature
The Ingenico Solution
- The touch screen i6770, a fixed, colour touch-screen terminal designed to rapidly and reliably record the customer’s electronic signatures
- Europcar agents can access contractual data of the car loan on screen and validate with a digitised signature
- Paper free option for rental agreements
- Ingenico’s subsidiaries offer support to Europcar locations throughout Europe
Owned by the French investment company Eurazeo, as part of the Europcar Group, Europcar is the European leader in tourist and utility vehicle rental in Europe. Its network has over 3,000 rental agencies located in more than 160 countries. With a fleet of over 250,000 tourist and utility vehicles and nearly seven million contracts recorded in 2005, Europcar offers its services to customers (companies, private individuals and replacement vehicles) throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. In 2005, Europcar had a turnover of 1.28 billion Euros and a growth of nine per cent compared with 2004. The group has a workforce of 5,200 employees.
Europcar wanted to implement a paper-free solution for rental agreements in its main European stations at time of vehicle check-out. A terminal would allow the customer to display the contractual data (contract, conditions of sale) and validate them using a digitised signature.
To meet this requirement, Ingenico proposed the i6770, a fixed, colour touch-screen terminal designed to rapidly and reliably record customers’ electronic signatures. This terminal has a large number of client references, particularly in the United States, where signatures are systematically recorded in cases involving payment using cards with magnetic strips.
The Ingenico Impact
Ingenico provides Europcar with its i6770 ergonomic touch-screen terminal, ensuring competitive cost of ownership thanks to a single device for payment and signature capture, delivered through a single supplier.
Following a pilot phase in four stations in Germany, the solution was set up in five airports in France, the UK, Portugal, Spain and Belgium. Finally, the Ingenico i6770 terminal was selected for its technical performance, the size of the screen, its colours and its advanced capabilities in terms of signature capture.
Ingenico’s proven expertise in the field of electronic payment and signature capture, paper-free solutions as well as in the management of European projects were key factors in Europcar’s choice. Furthermore Ingenico’s network of subsidiaries is able to assist Europcar throughout Europe.