- To deploy a fast and secure payment solution able to scale to support multiple locations
- To ensure complete interoperability with Gardaland’s existing Ethernet network - and seamless connection to CIM Italia payment infrastructure
The Ingenico Solution
- The Ingenico i5100 desktop terminal with fast Ethernet connection delivers a single, scalable electronic transaction solution
- Over 60 Gardaland Park locations now process payments with credit or debit cards
- The Park locations have been equipped with internal LAN so transactions can reach CIM’s VPN in a matter of seconds - even during peak times
About CIM Italia
CIM Italia (Centrale Interbancaria Monetica) is an Italian leader in electronic banking and payment systems. It has recently developed a new retail solution for its customer, Gardaland, Italy’s largest leisure park.
The aim was to install a new EMV-based secure payment network in Gardaland Park. Payment terminals had to be connected to Gardaland’s existing Ethernet network in order to improve the speed and convenience of the installation.
The Ingenico i5100 is an advanced, powerful, secure and flexible payment terminal that provides a single solution for electronic transaction acceptance for retailers and merchants. In Gardaland, terminals were installed in restaurants, counters, bars and shops.
Gardaland Park now boasts over 60 stores where payments can be performed with credit or debit cards. These include ticket counters, restaurants, bars, souvenir shops, merchandise shops, and special attractions. They all now benefit from the speed and security of the new architecture.